Links

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Warm Fuzzies (+ CONTEST!)


Trying to get the word out about your business can be challenging but I've learnt that it can also be a lot of fun...
After having my first, very successful, contest to have facebook fans invite their friends to my page, I wound up with over 400 fans (or rather 'likes' as they are now called, but I prefer fans still). It was exciting to check the count each day, count up people's referral's & feel a 'buzz' over my page! It was a close race to the finish line for the competitors that everyone seemed to be watching & enjoying. The winner, Tara, received a OOAK necklace from Darling Dilemma.





I was concerned that I would drastically or even slowly lose these fans but, amazingly enough, I didn't. Sure a few disappeared, but they were replaced with new fans, who were even more interested & eager to see what I do!!

... maybe I should take a pause here and explain something.
I'm an art school graduate.
In other words, I'm used to people not caring about my creative output beyond opening night.

So that initial contest led to, fans, friends, custom orders, sales & continued support - all of which leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling. So to celebrate the 'warm fuzzies' I am holding an End of Summer Contest! - a fun new contest with 2 chances of winning!! 1 winner will be a random drawing of a participant & the other will be for most interesting/inventive/fun entry!
This contest is about posting a link that leads new people to Darling Dilemma's fanpage or etsy shop . (as a bonus if you link to my blog I will give you an extra ballot in the random draw)

Here is how to participate:
1. Post a link to my fanpage and/or etsy shop on your facebook page or blog. How you choose to do this is up to you - creativity will give a chance at the second prize!!!
2. If you:
- Linked on a blog: post a link on the Darling Dilemma fanpage wall

- Linked on your facebook wall: screen capture it & email to; darlingdilemma@live.ca


(to 'screen capture' press the Print Screen button on your keyboard and then open any photo/photo editing program i.e. Paint, and hit CRTL V. The image should appear for you to edit or save)

*please note: I will be using screen captures of entries & posting some of my favorites in an album on the fanpage. If you do NOT want me to post yours, please state so in your email*

Further details:

The contest is that easy & can be as fun as you want it to be! Remember creativity is rewarded here folks!
1 ballot will be given for entering my link on your facebook page
1 ballot will be given for entering my link on your blog
1 bonus ballot will be given if you link my blog as well.


The second prize will be awarded to the most creative entry (as chosen by me).

Contest closes August 31st, 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment