Links

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Brunswicker are the BEST


They are, they really really are.
Since moving here almost two years ago I have been trying to re find myself, start over, or find my place in the world. 
I have a place here now, in New Brunswick.
I teach art to children.  I work in an after school program designed for grades 3 to 5 (http://www.esteycreations.com/) showing them cartooning, watercolour & drawing skills.  I travel to schools all over New Brunswick with Jostens selling grad rings, meeting teenagers & seeing the beautiful province I live in.
And I make jewelry.
I spend a majority of my time at home, crafting, designing, photography & promoting my DarlingDilemma creations.

Normally something that is that much work, quickly becomes a hassle & a lot less fun, but with DarlingDilemma... well the fun never stops!

Recent custom order by Darling Dilemma

I love doing it all & can honestly say I am addicted! To all of it!  I love the making & creating, seeing a vision become realized (especially with custom orders) but I also love all the steps that lead up to it & the ones that make it happen.



One of the reasons I have been feeling particularly fond of my fellow New Brunswickers (besides the fact that living here lets me do what I do...) is the creative community.  Moving here from Ontario, specifically, near Toronto area, I know all about how inclusive the art world can be.  Attending art school, I also know all about art snobs*.  So to find myself in a place, so far removed from that attitude is amazing! and freeing!

Photography by PoedyPencilPrincess

Once I joined the sellers world of etsy I decided to seek out other new Brunswick etsy sellers & there were lots! We have formed a group which we have taken to calling NewBEST (New Brunswick Etsy Street Team).  It is a group of extremely talented artists & crafts people all working together to share information, promote & sell. I wanted to share some of what they do, with you.

Jewelry by uglyart
 
 
earrings by InspiredByOnline



Photography by soulfuse

Keyper Keychain by MomsCrafts4U



To search for NewBEST shops or New Brunswick artists, enter 'New Brunswick' into your etsy search engine!!

*Art snobs are the elitist crowd who define art only by the textbook definition.  They also appreciate habitual dissing of craft & all things related.

3 comments:

  1. I love the quote at the end of this post! Thanks so much for including my photo! I am so glad someone is finally tooting NB's horn. I've lived here my whole life and I know what we've got here... we've got an amazing place to call home! So much talent. So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! There are so many wonderful 'local' New Brunswick shops out there. What a refreshing view of NB talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Glad to be aprt of something great with you both!

    Just to keep the love going, check out Poedy's NB love... http://poedypencilprincess.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-brunswick-etsy-love.html

    ReplyDelete